Dreamers, welcome to the 24:7 theatre festival

Dreamers, welcome to the 24:7 theatre festival

Sunday 25 July 2010

Some actors and volunteers talked about what means for them the 24:7 during the previews

Brian L Stephens (actor in the play ‘Hatch’)

‘This is my first time here. It’s a great opportunity for us to show something new like this. We think it’s important discussing, we have things to say. One of the best places to stay is the 24:7. We are very happy to be here. The most exciting thing to be in the 24:7 it’s the fact to be with a lot of other people. In a festival like this, that’s exactly what is about. It’s about writers, actors and directors practicing their art.

John McElhatton (actor in the play Pawn)

…‘Especially I like when we’re doing the public preview, people went to watch the plays, and it’s the first time they have the opportunity to watch the show in our space, and it’s quite nerve-racking. It’s nice!’…

Anna Baatz (Front of House volunteer)

I’m helping the main administration coordinator festival. It’s the fifth year I’m getting involved in the festival. I actually produced something twice in 2005-2006 for the festival. But this year I’m just staying involved in the front of house, helping with the volunteering and looking after the guests list for the invited people in the rehearsals. I will also print tomorrow the first reviews. For me being a volunteer means overall helping out and feeling involved in it.

Iona Thonger (Actress in the play ‘The inconsistent Whisper of Insanity)

‘We are looking forward to watching the other plays as well; it’s really exciting.
I went to the big gathering two years ago, and that’s how I met Ian, the director. In the inconsistent whisper of insanity the story is based around my character, Milena, on a journey to meet her guardian. She gets involved with the reds and the whites fighting against each other in Russia in the 1920. But she’s quite naïf, she doesn’t care about politic, only about feelings…’

No comments:

Post a Comment